Group: Poudre River School - High School

How are dual enrollment or dual credit college courses recorded for a high school student?

For college classes, select the high school credit category and then check the “Other” to enter the course name. The name should include the abbreviated college name, the college course number, and the course name. Include high school credits only. College credits will be transferred to a future college based on your child’s college transcript and should not be included on the PRS high school transcript. Remember to select “College” for the course weight.

The following example shows how to enter the course name in the Semester Grades form. In this example, the course was taken through Front Range Community College (FRCC), the course number is ELE480, and the course name is Financial Literacy:


Does PRS have a school code for the ACT or SAT test?

No, PRS does not have a code. You should use the homeschool code instead.

School codes for college entry exams determine where the test results are sent. If you use the homeschool code, the results will be sent directly to you. You can then enter test scores to your child’s PRS transcript by entering them under “Student Records & Reporting” on your account page. It is also a good idea to upload a copy of the test results to your child’s files for reference.

Homeschool codes:
ACT: 969999
PLAN (pre-ACT test): 999-999
SAT: 970000
SAT Subject Tests: 970-000
PSAT/NMSQT: Not applicable

Can credits earned in 8th grade be included on my child’s PRS transcript?

Yes, a maximum of 2 early high school credits will be accepted during 8th grade.

When registering your 8th grader, simply select the option to enter high school credits in 8th grade when you register or renew your student. These credits will be shown on the high school transcript under 9th grade with a note indicating that they were earned during 8th grade. Standard high school enrollment is required to submit credits during 8th grade.

Does PRS offer a subject-based high school transcript?

Not at this time.

A subject-based PRS transcript may be made available in the future. Currently, the only format available is semester-based. This format is similar to what most public high schools use to record a student’s high school credits.

PRS acknowledges that by creating a high school transcript in this format, we are sometimes attempting to document a non-traditional education in a traditional format. Although this can benefit students who will need such a document to present themselves to people who are only familiar with traditional schooling, it isn’t the only way to do things.

If you prefer to issue a transcript in a different format, you may register your student under the “cover only” option, and issue your own homeschool transcript and diploma.

Is my high school student required to earn a PRS diploma?

No, it is optional.

You are welcome to issue your own transcript and diploma if you prefer. In that case, you would register your student under the “cover only” option, and report a semester summary or unofficial grades without credits. This reporting keeps you in good standing with PRS by providing backup to the statement you will affirm each semester that your child has received a “basic academic education” as required by law.

Unofficial high school grades and semester summaries do not require approval from PRS and do not apply toward an official PRS transcript or diploma. To graduate your student, you would “transfer” your child’s grades and credits to your own homeschool transcript and issue a diploma yourself.

The Enrollment Agreement says that PRS may not approve all submitted credits. How do I know if my child’s credits will be accepted?

PRS has a clear process to follow to make sure that your child’s credits will be accepted.

PRS reviews all high school credits entered each semester. The two reasons for the review and approval are to make sure that your child’s transcript will present them the way they wish to future colleges or employers and to allow PRS to confidently issue an official transcript and diploma with PRS administrator’s signature.

Credits are almost always approved as submitted, but there may be rare circumstances where they are not. For more info, see High School Credits Approval Process.

Can non-credit courses be listed on a high school transcript?

Yes, they can.  

All high school (grade 9-12) courses are included on the transcript.  To enter non-credit high school course, select “.00” under credits.  This course will now be included on the transcript with no credits and will not affect GPA calculations.

How do I view and print my child’s high school transcript?

You may access all of your student’s records from your account page, including high school transcripts.

  1. Click on the “Records/Reporting” link in the menu or next to your student’s name on your account page.
  2. Select the “Transcript & Graduation” tab.
  3. Click on the “View/Print Transcript” below the High School Credit Summary Table.
  4. Click on the print/PDF icon in the upper right of the page to print or save a PDF copy of the transcript.