Group: Poudre River School - Enrolled Families

Personal Record-Keeping: Do these records need to be submitted to PRS?

No, the items to be kept in your personal records do not need to be submitted to PRS*. You are simply required to acknowledge that this is one of your responsibilities as a parent/guardian of a child enrolled in PRS.

*If PRS must send high school course descriptions to a college, military, etc., they must be submitted on the Course Descriptions tab on your child’s records page. We recommend that you submit them here as you write them through your child’s high school years, but it is not required.

Personal Record-Keeping: How much detail must be included for activities used instead of curriculum?

It is up to you to use your judgment to decide how much detail needs to be recorded so that you can present a clear picture of how you are teaching your child. Use your judgment as you do with everything in your homeschool and do your best to keep records that can show that you are educating your child as is developmentally appropriate. If you currently submit semester summaries to PRS, the level of detail that you include there is sufficient.

Personal Record-Keeping: What is a work sample?

A work sample is any paper, video, photo, or other item that your child produces that records evidence of their progress. Keep a few of these to show your child’s progress in each academic subject that you teach each year.

Almost all children will create something that you can save, but if your child has special needs and functions at a level that does not allow them to do this, then the work sample requirement does not apply to you. Instead, several dated journal entries each year describing their activities and progress will work just fine. Use your judgment as you do with everything in your homeschool and do your best to keep records that can show that you are educating your child as is developmentally appropriate.

Personal Record-Keeping: Do I need to keep records at home in addition to required reporting?

Yes, the PRS Enrollment Agreement includes the following record-keeping requirement in the parent responsibilities section.

MaintainĀ in your personal recordsĀ the following records for each child enrolled in PRS:

  • name and publisher of any curriculum used for the required academic subjects
  • description of activities in lieu of curriculum to support instruction in the required academic subjects
  • 3 work samples per year (beginning, middle, and end of year) for each required subject taught (as available)
  • course descriptions for high school courses completed for high school credit

Keep these records forĀ 2 yearsĀ for students not reporting high school credits (K-8 and 9-12 cover only). Keep records forĀ all high school credit courses for 2 years after graduation.

What happens if semester reporting is not submitted on time?

Semester reporting is verified for each student after the end of each semester. Any families with missing reporting will receive a reminder via email 3 days before the due date. If grades or semester summaries are not in the system on the due date, all students in the family will be automatically disenrolled retroactive to the beginning of the semester with missing information.

PRS does not ever want to disenroll any family but must enforce the reporting requirements to protect the school and all enrolled students legally. If for any reason you are not able to submit the required information on time, please contact PRS before the deadline to make other arrangements.

When is semester reporting due?

Semester Reporting must be submitted no later than January 15th for fall semester* and June 15th for spring semester.

*Fall semester reporting is optional for students enrolled with a start date after November 30th.

If student’s Start Date is in… Fall Semester Reporting is…
July – November Required
December Optional
January – June Do Not Submit

Will my children be enrolled automatically for next year?

No, families must enroll each year.

Families enrolled at the end of the school year will receive an email invitation to renew for the following year when enrollment opens on July 1st. To renew enrollment, log into your account and click on the renewal link.

How do I withdraw my student from PRS?

How to withdraw a student from PRS:

  1. Log in to your PRS account.
  2. On your account page, click on “Records/Reporting” next to your child’s name.
  3. Click on the “Orders & Requests” tab.
  4. Click on the blue “Withdraw Student” at the bottom of the page.
  5. Complete the form and submit.
  6. You will receive a confirmation of your withdrawal request by email and a confirmation of completed withdrawal by email.

Free free to contact PRS for assistance if needed.

How do I submit semester reporting?

Semester reporting is submitted using online forms on the PRS website. To submit reporting, log into your PRS account and click on the “Records & Reporting” link by your child’s name. Submit grades on the “Grades” tab or a semester summary on the “Semester Summaries” tab.