Poudre River School – Enrolled Families

My children are enrolled in a publicly funded homeschool enrichment program and the district is asking me for a notice of intent. What do I do?

Submit a statement of enrollment instead.

Many children enroll in a homeschool enrichment program while enrolled in PRS with no problem using their statement of enrollment in place of an NOI. You can print or download a copy of your statement of enrollment from your account page. Keep in mind that many public schools and districts may not understand what an umbrella school is. Please contact PRS if you need assistance.

How do I submit semester reporting?

Semester reporting is submitted using online forms on the PRS website. To submit reporting, log into your PRS account and click on the “Records & Reporting” link by your child’s name. Submit grades on the “Grades” tab or a semester summary on the “Semester Summaries” tab.

When is semester reporting due?

Semester Reporting must be submitted no later than January 15th for fall semester* and June 15th for spring semester.

*Fall semester reporting is optional for students enrolled with a start date after November 30th.

If student’s Start Date is in… Fall Semester Reporting is…
July – November Required
December Optional
January – June Do Not Submit
What happens if semester reporting is not submitted on time?

Semester reporting is verified for each student after the end of each semester. Any families with missing reporting will receive a reminder via email 3 days before the due date. If grades or semester summaries are not in the system on the due date, all students in the family will be automatically disenrolled retroactive to the beginning of the semester with missing information.

PRS does not ever want to disenroll any family but must enforce the reporting requirements to protect the school and all enrolled students legally. If for any reason you are not able to submit the required information on time, please contact PRS before the deadline to make other arrangements.

Do the course names I enter for grades need to match the list of subjects in required instruction?

No, they do not.

You may use any course names that you would like. It is not possible to convey exactly what has been covered by course names alone.  When you submit semester grades, you will check a box to verify that your child has received or will receive instruction in the required subjects during the school year.  Colorado law requires that private school students receive a “Basic academic education”, which includes instruction in specific subjects. It is entirely up to you to determine how those requirements have been met.

Will my children be enrolled automatically for next year?

No, families must enroll each year.

Families enrolled at the end of the school year will receive an email invitation to renew for the following year when enrollment opens on July 1st. To renew enrollment, log into your account and click on the renewal link.

How do I withdraw my student from PRS?

How to withdraw a student from PRS:

  1. Log in to your PRS account.
  2. On your account page, click on “Records/Reporting” next to your child’s name.
  3. Click on the “Orders & Requests” tab.
  4. Click on the blue “Withdraw Student” at the bottom of the page.
  5. Complete the form and submit.
  6. You will receive a confirmation of your withdrawal request by email and a confirmation of completed withdrawal by email.

Free free to contact PRS for assistance if needed.