Does an IEP or a 504 Transfer to PRS?

An IEP only applies to services provided by public schools. A 504 is backed by federal law and only applies to federally funded programs, including public schools.

Neither of these has any relevance if you are homeschooling or enrolling in a private school, such as an umbrella school. So, although the records may be transferred, there is no action for the umbrella school to take on them. The GREAT news is that you also don’t need them when you teach your children at home because you can give them whatever adjustments in curriculum and accommodations that they need without the red tape!

All records transferred to PRS are available to you online in the files section of your account, so you’ll have them on hand in case you choose to enroll your child in public school again in the future.