This site works best in landscape. Please rotate your device.
SCROLL FOR MORE TABS
Why Enroll in PRS?
When you enroll in PRS, you retain complete control over your child’s education and enjoy convenient record keeping with no testing or evaluation required.
Private School Enrollment
- Private school enrollment for grades K-12
- Online record keeping
- Verification of enrollment to the school district
- Online high school planner
- Official high school transcript & diploma
- Parents/guardians educate their children according to their individual needs.
- No testing or assessment required
- All styles of homeschooling are honored, including unschooling.
- Private Facebook and Telegram groups offer community and resources
- Online record keeping to keep you organized
- Group Discounts
- Monthly newsletter
Please read the PRS Enrollment Agreement before you begin enrollment. This document includes all of your responsibilities as well as all PRS policies. You must sign to accept this agreement in order to enroll. If you have any questions or concerns about anything in the agreement, please contact PRS.
After reviewing the enrollment agreement, visit the enrollment page to be guided through the steps below. All of these steps are completed online. Do not hesitate to Contact PRS if you have any questions or need help.
- Create an account
- Complete enrollment agreement
- Register students
- Pay tuition and fees
- Enter planned attendance for each student
Note: No immunization records are collected by Poudre River School.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition is charged annually based on the PRS school year and includes all children in a family. Tuition is not refundable or pro-rated regardless of when you enroll or withdraw your student(s). New families also pay a non-refundable, one-time registration fee. All payments are completed online with a credit or debit card.
|PRS Tuition & Fees for the 2022-2023 School Year|
|New Family Registration Fee (one time)||$25.00/family|
|Transfer High School Credits to PRS Transcript||$12.00/student|
|Transfer PRS Records to School||free|
|Official High School Transcripts||free|
|PRS Diploma||varies (more info)|
Included in Tuition
- enrollment in a private school
- transfer of records to or from other schools
- assistance with issues involving schools or districts
- convenient online reporting for attendance and grades
- personal file uploads into student records
- online access to all records indefinitely
- student journal to track milestones and progress
- printable statement of enrollment
- printable high school transcript
- printable report card & attendance history
- printable student and teacher ID cards
- private Facebook and Telegram groups for enrolled families
- PRS eBook & Audio Book Libraries
- access to PRS-exclusive discounts
Included in the Diploma Program Fee
- review and approval of high school credits each semester
- online high school 4-year planner with PRS review by request
- guidance in determining credits for courses
- official high school transcripts at no charge
- diploma eligibility
If you choose to enroll under the Cover Only option, you do not need to pay this fee.
Professionally printed high school diplomas may be ordered for an additional fee.
Note: high school student fee is required to submit early high school credits in 8th grade.
Do you need to withdraw your child?
You must formally withdraw from the public school if:
- You are enrolling in PRS mid-year and your child is currently enrolled in a public school.
- You are enrolling in PRS at the beginning of the school year and your child completed the last school year in public school and is considered to be enrolled this year.
How to Withdraw From Public School
- Register or renew your child with Poudre River School and select the option that says you need to withdraw your child from public school.
- Provide the public school’s contact information during registration. PRS will use this information to send required paperwork to allow the previous school to withdraw your child.
- Complete your child’s enrollment by submitting planned attendance for the year.
- After your child’s enrollment is complete with PRS, contact the public school and follow their withdrawal procedure.
NOTE: Be sure to state that you have enrolled in a private school and provide Poudre River School’s contact information on their form. Do NOT state that you are going to “homeschool,” as this has a different legal meaning and they will expect you to submit a Notice of Intent to Homeschool (NOI). Do not submit an NOI when enrolling in an umbrella school. Read what to do if you have already submitted an NOI.
Notifying the District after Submitting an NOI
Do not submit a Notice of Intent to Homeschool (NOI) to the school or district when you enroll in Poudre River School. An NOI does not apply to children enrolled in an umbrella school. When withdrawing from public school, tell the school that you have enrolled in a private school and do not submit an NOI.
If you have already submitted an NOI to a Colorado school district for your child for the current or any previous school year, PRS recommends that you notify the district that your child is enrolled in PRS by submitting your Statement of Enrollment. Although there is no legal requirement to notify the district, PRS recommends that you do to avoid confusion. Your Statement of Enrollment is available on your account page.
Notification is recommended if any of the following apply:
- You submitted an NOI for the current school year.
Notify the district AFTER you have received confirmation of enrollment with PRS.
You submitted an NOI for the previous school year and are enrolling in PRS at the beginning of the new school year.
Notify the district BEFORE the public school year begins or as soon as possible after enrollment.
Your child has been enrolled in any private or umbrella school, including PRS, for ANY length of time since you last submitted an NOI, and you did not notify the district at the time of initial enrollment.
Notify the district as soon as possible.
If your child has been enrolled in a public school or if you have previously notified the district that your child was enrolled in a private or umbrella school since the last time you submitted an NOI, you do not need to notify the district again.
PRS School Year
The Poudre River School year runs July 1st through June 30th. Annual tuition pays for your enrollment between those dates and is not pro-rated regardless of when you enroll. For example, if you enroll during February, your tuition will cover enrollment through June 30th.
Online PRS accounts will be converted to archive access on July 1st. Members with archive accounts are able to log in to access records and renew enrollment. All student records are maintained will remain available indefinitely.
As an independent (umbrella) school with no in-person attendance, Poudre River School does not collect immunization records and/or exemptions for enrolled students. Instead, parents are required to maintain these records at home.
PRS students who also enroll in any homeschool enrichment program, camp, school sports, daycare, or attend traditional school part time will need to have immunization records and/or exemptions on file with that school or program.